The Bear River Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR or DAR), welcomes you to our website!
Bear River Chapter NSDAR members focus their time and energy on leadership training, providing scholarship opportunities, recognition of good citizenship, providing patriotic contests and awards, and in enhancing patriotic education.
- National DAR Good Citizens certificates and medals are annually awarded to local high school graduates.
- The National Junior American Citizens Contest is promoted yearly to young students on all educational levels. In this nationwide competition four entries in art and essay contests supported by our chapter recently received certificates of recognition and monetary awards.
- American History Contest awards
- We sponsor a Children of the American Revolution Society called the Cub River Society. Their educational sessions and field trips have been highly successful.
- Individual participation in national conferences is offered annually to Daughters and Junior Members who act as DAR Pages in Washington, D. C.
- A founding member, Carolyn Bushman, teaches high school, and helped her school to earn the distinction of being the only recognized National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) High School in the State of Utah. She receives regular training and visits from NASA personnel, and continues to promote scientific learning to students and DAR members.
Future goals and programs of Bear River Chapter include:
- Expanding and creating monuments to fallen veterans
- Encouraging local students to participate in a variety of DAR contests
- Programs about living United States Presidents
- Expanding our chapter literacy program
- Nominating candidates for “High School Teacher of the Year” awards
- Program presentation by High School Valley Forge Contest winner
- NASA High Schools in Utah update program
- Honor veterans for military service, including prisoner of war survivors
- Honor nominee for Historical Preservation Award
- Honor American History Professor for service to our chapter and community
- Marketing food items as fundraisers
Unless otherwise noted, our meetings are held on the third Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m. Please email our chapter regent for more information.
|Marilyn Swedin||Alexander, William, VA, LTC|
|Patricia Atkinson||Aust, John, NC, PS|
|Sydney Peterson||Billings, James, CT, PVT|
|Carolyn Bushman||Bradford, Simeon, VT, CS|
|Janet Dawson||Fish, Nathan, MA, PVT|
|Jolene Bushman||Bushman, John Henry, PA, PVT|
|Patricia Atkinson||Hinds, John, NC, PVT|
|Crystal Burningham||Hisocok, Thomas, MA, PVT|
|Jacqueline Hyden||Hopkins, Elijah, CT, PVT|
|Ruth Lehenbauer||Horton, William, NY, PVT|
|Marilynne Wright||Jackson, Jacob, NY, SOL|
|Helena Page||Johnston, Robert, VT, LTC|
|Maren Harris||Knapp, Moses, CT, PVT|
|Janice Hall||Middelton, Adam, PA, PVT|
|Win Gardner||Minter, John, PA, CAPT|
|Joanne Jensen||Page, David, NJ, CAPT|
|Emalu Hart||Park, William, PA, PVT|
|Maurine Ward||Richards, Joseph, MA, PVT|
|Gwendolyn Johnson||Rohrer, John, PA, PVT|
|Rena Forinash||See, Isaac, NY, CPL|
|Linda Croft||Tebbs, William, VA, CS|
|Roxanne Gibbons||Terrell, Edmund, VA, CAPT|
|Karen Hansen||Terrell, Edmund, VA, CAPT|
|Carolyn Cragun||Whitney, Josiah, Sr., MA, COL|
CAPT — Captain
COL — Colonel
CPL — Corporal
CS — Civil Service
LTC – Lieutenant Colonel
PS — Patriotic Service
PVT — Private
SOL — Soldier