The Tonaquint Cemetery Veterans’ Memorial was dedicated in 2003 to the veterans that are buried in one of the two St. George, Utah Cemeteries.
The Color Country Chapter helps to fund wreaths for this cemetery and participates in the wreath-laying ceremony during Wreaths Across America every December.
Red Butte Creek was a source of potable water for local use. During the 1869 grasshopper invasion, the stream was used to facilitate the destruction of the insects.
The plaque was placed in 1997 during the Centennial Year of the Daughters of the American Revolution in Utah. On Flag Day in 1998, the plaque dedication was overseen by State Regent Sue Anderson Ball.
Her father was Bela Wetmore, a soldier in the Revolutionary War, who served as a sixteen-year-old volunteer. He was a Private in the Third Massachusetts Regiment that served until the end of the war in 1783.
Fur trappers and traders were often the first explorers to a region.
James Bridger discovered the Great Salt Lake in 1824 and trapped the streams of this region for many years.
Etienne Provost guided many expeditions into Utah valleys and established trading posts along the shores of the Great Salt Lake and Utah Lake.
Jedediah S. Smith made several significant journeys through Utah and publicized South Pass in Wyoming over which thousands of immigrants would later travel.
The dedication of the monument took place on the 100th Anniversary of the arrival of these honored men to the Utah Territory in August 1826.
The explorations of the fur trappers and traders began in Cache Valley and extended to the Salt Lake Valley which was rich in fur-bearing animals.
This monument was originally placed in front of the old St. Marks Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah. Warm Springs Park in Salt Lake City, Utah is the current monument location. The Monument is overseen by the Sego Lily Chapter in Bountiful, Utah.
In July 1847, Utah’s pioneers arrived in the arid west from the east where rainfall supplied enough moisture for crops. One of their initial tasks was to divert water from the Salt Lake Valley streams for irrigation use. Irrigation systems were the key to cultivating crops and surviving in the desert land.
Dedicated on July 31, 1931 by the Utah State Conference Daughters of the American Revolution, the tablet was placed within the half-acre of ground first plowed as identified by pioneer William Carter who held the plow.
The tablet was affixed to a pillar and dedicated 84 years after the event in the lobby of the old Knutsford Hotel. At the time, the facility was known as the Auerbach Building and was occupied by Sears Roebuck Co. department store.
When the building was raised to make way for the Centre Theatre, the tablet was placed on the left wall inside the entrance of the theatre and rededicated on January 5, 1938.
The tablet, now in the form of a monument, is now located in front of the theatre. The Monument is overseen by the Pony Express Chapter in Lehi, Utah.
Peter Skene Ogden was a Canadian trapper, fur trader, and explorer of the American West. He entered the Weber Valley of Utah in 1825. The city of Ogden, Utah is named after him.
The Golden Spike Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution with a desire to honor Ogden, erected a monument to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of his arrival in the valley.
The monument was erected in 1924 with a dedication ceremony on June 14, 1926.
Mrs. Florence Root-Day Bristol was the Golden Spike Chapter Regent at the time of the dedication.
The plaque portion of the monument was updated and replaced as part of the Utah State Society Daughters of the American Revolution Regent’s Projects during the 2020-2022 Asay Administration.
The Monument is overseen by the Golden Spike Chapter, Ogden, Utah.
In 1924, the plaque was dedicated by the Spirit of Liberty Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution in tribute to the personnel of “That Gallant Enterprise.”
This monument was dedicated on January 20, 1922 and placed by Spirit of Liberty Chapter in the northeast corner of Spanish Fork City Park to commemorate the Dominguez y Escalante Expedition of 1776 in which members searched for a route from Santa Fe, New Mexico, to the Spanish settlement in Monterey, California.
Spanish Priest-explorer, Father Silvestre Velez de Escalante arrived in Utah Valley on September 23, 1776 with his party.
Rededicated August 1, 1975, as part of a bicentennial project with the City of Spanish Fork. The Monument is overseen by the Wasatch Range Chapter in Provo, Utah.